Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Birthday Present from Jason

Jason sent me an email last week inquiring about my knowledge of Wacom technology, as I use my Wacom tablet to do all my digital paintings, and the comic. He asked me for recommendations because he was scoping out tablets. Little did I know that he was secretly trying to figure out what accessories I needed for my tablet! So a package arrives yesterday (I thought it was my new business cards), and here's what's in the package:

It's a 6D art pen. It works like a paintbrush in Corel Painter and Photoshop. The chisel-tip registers the following movement: tilt side-to-side, tilt front-to-back, pressure variation, and 360 degree barrel rotation. HOO-WEEE! I've got the day off so I'm going to take it on it's maiden voyage. I'm sure the result will be posted here by tonight.

4 comments:

mariss said...

Wow. That looks amazing. Is that the cool Jason with the cute dog named Kramer? If so, I always liked him a lot.

Amory Abbott said...

Yes, the one and only Jason Higgs, who I now must also refer to as "the baddest dude I know."

Mr Higgs said...

That's right you always liked me alot! Cause I am a total Bad A! And because Amory and I used to serenade various rap songs to you all the time. Ske ske ske ske!

Anyway enjoy your early B-Day present buddies! May you make as fine of art as you have always.

Nathan Guest said...

Wow, that's a really cool tool! Should make things a little easier too it looks like.

Rock on.